• Ross Hogarth
  • Ross Hogarth
  • Ross Hogarth
News
Follow Ross Hogarth on Twitter

Ross Hogarth Official Website

Van Halen .. “A Different KInd of Truth” …here they come 2012

I can finally say that for the last 18 months on and off I have been working on the new record coming out for Van Halen.
A Different Kind of Truth is being released Feb 7 and it ROCKS !!!!. You will not be disappointed. We made a rock record and it kicks ass. Trust me.

16 Comments »

1. I have been waiting for this moment. Im sure this this album will kick some serious ass!! Van halen rules!! from vienna- Wolfgang

Comment by Wolfgang klinglhuber — January 6, 2012 @ 6:29 am

2. Hoping it does rock!!! 2012 needs it!! ..

Comment by BRENDON — January 7, 2012 @ 12:49 am

3. Yeah…At least we get to hear the new single “Tattoo” in a couple of hours….Finally!!!
    And Yes… I ‘m confident the new album will ROCK!
    Can’t wait!
    Thanks!!

Comment by Air — January 9, 2012 @ 11:29 am

4. Love Tattoo Ross – been playing it all day. Hope the rest of the record is as good.

Comment by VanhalenUK — January 9, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

5. I can’t wait to hear the new album!
    VH 2012!

Comment by johnny beane — January 9, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

6. Ross,

You’re right…definitely kicks ass! Great production and loved how Al’s signature snare sound comes to life. I KNOW the rest of the album is gonna kick ass! Congratulations my friend, I believe you helped put Van Halen back in their rightful place as one of, if not, best American rock bands. Way too early for this, but my wish for you is a Grammy! Congrats again!

Peace,
    Don

Comment by Don — January 10, 2012 @ 1:45 am

7. I’ve been listening to “Tattoo” over and over ~ man, great production!

Comment by Mark Brian — January 10, 2012 @ 2:38 am

8. Tattoo is damn great, man!

Can’t stop listening to it!

So far, VH 4.0 kicks!

Comment by Simonhead — January 10, 2012 @ 6:35 am

9. TATTOO is Amaging! The BEST sound in entire VH records!
    I can’t wait for New Album!
    Thank You, Ross. You are the BEST!!

Comment by ういちゃん — January 10, 2012 @ 7:48 am

10. Good shot for the first single… you did a nice job !

I hope the record will contain some killer riffs and songs to remember for long time !

Thank you Ross !

Evhua

Comment by evhua — January 10, 2012 @ 8:34 am

11. Great job! Production is tight and clean, something that was missing from their last outing. Sounds classic while also sounds new and fresh. This is the album this band needed to make! Well done!

Comment by SRJ — January 10, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

12. I heard Tattoo and you’re definitely right……This IS the Killing Side of Van Halen.
    I can’t wait until the rest of the Killing Side comes out…….On Feb. 7.

Comment by Ryan — January 10, 2012 @ 3:44 pm

13. Ross,

As a long time VH fan (since ’78), I was very much looking forward to this new album… I never thought DLR would ever return to VH and write songs again with EVH….

Nice job, on “Tattoo”… you had great big shoes to fill (Templeton)…
    I cannot wait to hear the album!

I like the first two songs very much…and I hope you continue to make VH music in the future.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment by Ken — January 10, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

14. I agree! The sound on “Tattoo” sounds great! Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album. It seems though the band has unearthed some of their unreleased songs from the Dave era. “Tattoo” sounds like an updated version of “Down In Flames” and according to the track listing for the album “She’s The Woman” and “Bullethead” are also included. I wonder what other old chestnut they’ve put on it!

KUDOS TO A JOB WELL DONE ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ENGlishJELLo — January 10, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

15. First impressions of Tattoo after a couple of days of listening to it (many times).
    In general: Glorious fat sound all around. High, highs, rich bass, clear drums, love the vocal overdubbs.
    Specifically: I like the sound of Edward’s amp buzz during the silence prior to the “Tatoo, tatoo…”.
    Key board treatments are sa-weet….you don’t know they are there, but without them you would….niiiiice.
    I dig how the song is clearly well thought out and has a focus, but has that ballsie raw rock and roll visceral quality all over the track. Kinda like you captured a piece of lightning or a clap of thunder.
    The drums and bass are powerful and now lost in the mix. Finally.
    The solo is mixed to perfection. It is fresh sounding. Meaning it is all Ed, but not cliche` Ed, more like, its own little song within the song.
    The ending is perfectly haunting with “Your no good…..Cathedral” volume piece. That is the iceing on this rock and roll cake.
    Pretty much this track has restored my faith in music today. I am very excited about the album. This songs groove is the swagger of a great band that is not reclaiming its powerful history, by saying, here is a taste of a place we are taking you as a listener that you have never been to yet. Love it!!!!!

Comment by BIG E — January 12, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

16. Heard more Teasers on some other Van Halen Sources. Stay Frosty and Blood and Fire, Man Oh Man!!! Van Halen Sounds absolutely Kick Ass!!!! This is definitely the “Killing Side of Van Halen” and the wait for Feb 7 is killing me already!!!! Ross, You and Van Halen Rock Man!!!!

Comment by Ryan — January 26, 2012 @ 11:57 am